Friday, June 11, 2010

Direction

So I'm at a point in my life right now where basically everything I knew and had is slowly falling apart. However, in the midst of this chaotic turmoil I am finding things that remain constant. First and foremost, God. He has given me strength to not just "be" another day but to actually "live" another day. He's pulled me through some really painful experiences and times. And people say there is no God!?! I don't know how some get through life without the hope only He provides. Also, family and friends. They've all been a HUGE support during this time and I've really been able to see a deeper character than I realized in people I know and am close to. Without God, family, and friends, what do you really have? I would give up everything I had to retain these.

This has also been a time where I've seen the truths of Scripture come alive and into play. I've really tried and succeeded in making a daily quiet time priority and it has been a blessing like none other. If I wasn't in the Word daily, I'd be missing out on SO many lessons that God wants to teach me right now. And the cool thing is that I've been able to put some things I've read into play...especially from Proverbs.

I am at a crossroads in my life...again. But it seems I've been unable to move any direction. That is because there IS NO direction...yet. God is telling me to wait for His guidance and direction. Oh, that's another thing that I've really been able to put into practice...PATIENCE! But I am at a point in my life where I get to practice what I have preached...perseverance through tough times, having utmost faith in God and His leading, waiting for open doors, pursuing Him passionately. Waiting on God...hmmm...it's not necessarily doing nothing but rather preparing for what He has for us and being ready to move when He says, "Go!" It's uncomfortable but where I need to be.

My life journey has taken an unexpected turn but how can life be an adventure when everything you expect comes to fruition?

No comments:

Post a Comment